San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
EPAA Training Course: Assertiveness for Assistants
One of the unique challenges in the modern working world for many office professionals, is the ability to be assertive.
By being assertive, this means you have the ability and skills to express yourself confidently, constructively and with effectiveness. It’s expressing your thoughts and feelings in an honest and appropriate manner, whilst preserving the rights of others.
This one day intensive programme will enable delegates to have greater confidence in this subject area, with well-defined tools and techniques, in order to ensure a sound understanding of what it means to be assertive.
Behaving assertively brings a number of benefits to your professional career including; earning respect from others, creating more honest and sustainable working relationships and providing you as an EA/PA with more job satisfaction!
- an understanding of what it means to be assertive
- mechanisms and tools for self confidence
- building and preserving boundaries
- effective communication styles
- how to say no and the appropriate occasions to do so
- managing conflict and confrontation
- dealing with difficult personality types
By the end of this programme you will learn how to:
- Integrate tools and strategies to deal with difficult situations and people confidently and assertively
- Clarify your own behavioural styles and those of others
- Develop techniques to confidently express opinions and needs
- Maintain clear communication structures
- Develop a strong professional identity
Who is this course for?
When & Where
Executive & Personal Assistants Association Ltd
A NEW national body for one of the most unique, diverse and talented professions in the working world.
As the UK's leading professional body for Executive and Personal Assistants, EPAA's mission is clear
‘We champion, promote and develop the Assistant profession’