Assertiveness Skills for Beginners
Monday, 17 October 2016 from 14:00 to 16:00 (BST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Aims of the session
This session aims to enable participants to use a range of skills so that they can confidently assert their needs.
By the end of this session participants will be able to:
- Describe passive, assertive and aggressive behaviours
- Discuss their own levels of assertiveness
- Identify situations where they can be more assertive
- Suggest methods of dealing with stress and set goals for managing their stress levels in the future
Participants will begin the session by suggesting ways that people behave, followed by a summary of different behaviours.
In small groups, participants will consider how they and others feel when these behaviours are used. Individuals will then rate how assertive they are with different people in different situations.
This workshop is only open to London Met students/staff/graduates. No public admittance.
When & Where
Careers and Employability Service, London Metropolitan University
Our Careers and Employability team is here to help you develop the knowledge, skills and experience to become confident about making informed decisions to build a rewarding career
* one to one careers advice and guidance and skills workshops
* access to the Job Shop that advertise paid work experience, placements/internships, part time, temporary work, graduate vacancies and volunteering
Remember, it is never too early to start planning you career.
Please have a look at www.londonmet.ac.uk/careers and come and see us soon.