Asset Based Development Training Course
Wednesday, 22 October 2014 from 09:30 to 16:30 (BST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Aim: Are you interested in taking over a building in your area for community development or social enterprise purposes? Find out about how the process works and what financial support is available.
Who should attend? This course is aimed at community groups and individuals who wish to manage a building for community benefit.
Content: This training will cover -
- The Localism Act and My Community Rights
- What you need to have in place
- Case studies / good practice
Outcomes: By the end of the session participants will be able to –
- Identify the information and resources necessary to achieve an asset transfer
- Demonstrate how to develop a case for support for a building
- Demonstrate an understanding of best practice requirements
- Identify suitable and relevant funding sources
- Identify the structure of asset based grant applications
- Developing sustainability and capacity within your organisation
- Be able to put together an asset development plan
- Leave with wider knowledge of My Community Rights agenda
Methodology: This will be a mixture of presentations, group exercises and discussions and hand-outs.
When & Where
We are a national membership organisation championing the voice of the Black and Minority Ethnic voluntary, community and social enterprise sector. We work for a stronger and inclusive civil society to meet the needs of BME and other disadvantaged communities.
Telephone: 0207 697 4240