This conference is only open to employees of associations with senior event responsibility.
Managing an events team in an association is both rewarding and challenging. You have a member-base that is engaged with your association, giving you an audience ready to market to, and you also have the luxury of a pool of internal subject matter experts on hand to supply you with a stream of hot topics and content. So, running a profitable events business should be nice and easy right? In fact, the reality could not be further from the truth!
This event has been researched and developed by a former Head of Events from a large association. During her research she spoke with over 30 association Head of Events to determine to the challenges and issues that they face when running an events business for an association.
One thing was very clear, no matter what the industry and no matter what the size of the association, event teams are all facing the same challenges when it comes to running their events business. This conference has been exclusively designed to provide you with an open and friendly forum to discuss the future of your events business.
The day is packed full of case study presentations and plenty of discussion sessions giving you ample opportunity to discuss solutions to your challenges with your peers from other associations. It will leave you armed with new ideas, approaches, and techniques to take back to your association, helping you to develop and grow your events team.
- No other event exists for association Heads of Events to discuss the challenges that are unique to them
- A unique opportunity for you to benchmark the way you are doing things in your association against others and take away ideas for improvement or change
- Plenty of roundtable discussions giving you the opportunity to break out into groups and discuss, debate and challenge
- This event has been extensively researched to ensure that all the content is directly relevant to Heads of Events, Event Directors & Directors with responsibility for events strategy in UK Associations.
- Network and make new contacts with people doing the same job as you – it’s always helpful to have friendly contacts to bounce ideas off!
Topics to be covered:
- Strategically forward planning your event portfolio
- Managing relationships and expectations with internal stakeholders and committees
- How to develop profitable long term commercial partnerships with sponsors
- Finding the right balance between commercial vs. non-commercial events
- How to work together more effectively with marketing
- The business case for live events
- The future of event technology
- Event formats – how to make events more dynamic and innovative
- How to refresh and evolve large scale events
Who should attend
- Directors of Events
- Heads of Events
- Event Team Leaders
- Event Strategists in area of marketing, sales, programme development
- Commercial Directors
- Directors responsible for event strategy
VIEW THE FULL PROGRAMME HERE:
When & Where
The Association of Association Executives
The Association of Association Executives is a community of over 15,000 association executives in Europe, UK, and worlwide. It offers employees of professional, scientific, medical and business associations, societies, federations and other membership organisations: education, events, exchange of ideas and best practice, providing business-critical information, research, reports and directories.