San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Aims of This Event:
- To introduce or revisit John Bowlby’s theory of Attachment and it’s impact on lifelong behaviours and relationships
- Explore how differing Attachment Styles might influence the central view of self and how this can influence thoughts, feelings and behaviours in close/intimate relationships
- To discuss how core beliefs or life situations can confuse the presentation of the Attachment Style
- Demonstrate how the information outlined above can be useful in understanding recurring problems and difficulties in work, family, intimate and social relationships
- Explore the impact of Client and Therapist Attachment Styles on the Therapeutic Alliance
- Outline the role of the Therapeutic Alliance in reparation
About the Facilitator
Andy Gray is a BABCP Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist, Clinical Supervisor, Trainer and Academic Director at The Centre of Therapy and Counselling Studies. He has a deep interest in Attachment Theory and most of his learning came directly from John Bowlby’s Son, Richard Bowlby.
His own research has led him to write about the need for more exploration of both the Therapist and client’s early Attachment experiences.
This provides us with a fuller understanding of our client and how best to work with them.
Who is it for?
Anyone in the helping professions interested in bringing about change on a deeper level.
Anyone interested in self-development or considering a career in counselling.
Why should you attend?
To gain a more in depth understanding of self and others, which may lead to changes that will enhance relationalways of being.
11.30 Comfort Break
15.00 Comfort Break
£60 if paid in advance or £65 at the door.
Refreshments, snacks, handouts and CPD certificate are included in the price.
Note – lunch is not included.
How do I register?
1. Above; or
2. By requesting and registration form from firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sharing Space
· Would you like to present at a seminar or workshop?
· Can you recommend a speaker?
· Do you have a topic you would like to hear about?
Then email email@example.com.
Pass it on! Feel free to pass this invitation on to colleagues and counselling centres – everyone is welcome!
When & Where
Greenwood Events organises affordable workshops for counsellors in Scotland. Go to www.greenwoodevents.co.uk for further information or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.