San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
We welcome JLR, Triumph, TRW and SBD Automotive for our Automotive Uncovered event!
The aim of the Uncovered sessions is to provide an overview into the employers and opportunities available to students in particular sectors. Students will be in attendance from courses in the Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing.
Each employer will speak for 20 minutes about the following areas:
1) Introduction to employer and representatives
- a. Key company information
- b. Overview of roles held
- c. Did you know…
2) Interesting projects on-going within the company
- a. Latest innovations or products
- b. Key industry trends
- c. Challenges facing the sector
3) Placement / Graduate Scheme
- a. Details of opportunities available to students
- b. Hints and tips of being successful in the application process
- c. Benefits of programme and success stories
4) A day in the life of an employee from a graduate or placement student from Coventry University
- a. Day to day tasks
- b. What to expect
5) Summary and key highlights
- a. What students should remember from this presentation
- b. 3 calls to action for students to complete after the session
When & Where
EC Futures is the faculty based Employability & Careers Unit for Engineering, Environment and Computing. Our mission is to equip students with the employabilty skills needed to succeed.
EC Futures manages a highly successful Industrial Placement Scheme in which students complete a year in industry as part of their course. They receive academic credit and are regularly visited by their academic supervisor. There is no fee for students to pay for this academic year and all accreditation and support associated with it.
We are involved in a wide range of employer initiatives, course activities, professional guidance and technical work experience programmes to help students ultimately secure the right graduate role. We work closely with key industrial partners, such as Jaguar Land Rover, GE Aviation, Cummins and Intel, to ensure that we develop our students in line with the requirements of business and equip them with the skills required to compete on the global stage.