Autumn Supported Day Retreat (Saturday)
Saturday, 12 November 2016 from 09:30 to 16:30
A quiet, peaceful day, away from the hustle and bustle of daily life, where course participants can explore and deepen their mindfulness meditation practice.
Day Retreat Overview
- Set aside some time to relax, refresh and rejuvenate yourself
- Deepen your meditation practice and strengthen the skills learnt during your course
- Enjoy some simple and effective mindful movement exercises
- Develop skills to use in your daily life to help you become and remain calm, relaxed, focused and energized
Who Should Attend
This day retreat is designed to support our MBSR / MBCT course participants and graduates, or those with an established meditation practice.
This retreat is not suitable for beginners, but we do offer a range of alternative events (including taster sessions and introductory workshops) which are ideal for those exploring mindfulness for the first time. Please check out our eventbrite page for more details - http://yorkmbsr.eventbrite.co.uk
This event will be held at Shipton Methodist Church, Main St, Shipton by Beningborough. YO30 1AA.
Please note that, in order to make this day retreat as affordable as possible for our delegates, catering is not included, so you will be asked to bring lunch (e.g. a sandwich) with you. Refreshments are provided.
The facilitator for this day retreat is Dr. Lauri Bower.
Lauri has over 27 years experience of mindfulness and meditation practice, and has been managing courses and retreats for 14 years. She joined the York MBSR team in 2012 and recently completed her Ph.D. in Mindfulness.
To date, Lauri has facilitated mindfulness training for over 180 delegates.
If you decide to cancel your place, you will receive:
- A full refund (minus a £5 administration fee) provided we receive notice of your cancellation at least 14 days' before the retreat date
- A 50% refund if we receive 13 - 7 days' notice
- No refund if we receive less than 7 days' notice
Save This Event
When & Where
The Northern Centre for Mindfulness and Compassion
The Northern Centre for Mindfulness and Compassion offer a range of courses and events for individuals, healthcare professionals, schools and organisations centred on the practice of mindfulness meditation.