This training will equip participants with an understanding of the issues women face when experiencing violence from men they know. The day will provide attendees with a greater knowledge and appreciation of the barriers faced by women who are seeking help to leave an abusive relationship.
You will gain:
- Ability to define and identify the different types of abuse.
- Awareness of the pressures on women to stay in violent relationships and the factors that might prevent them from seeking and securing the help they need.
- Understanding of issues for women from marginalised groups.
- Awareness of the responsibility for violence using the power and control model.
- Understanding of the impact on children witnessing and experiencing domestic abuse.
Who should attend:
The course is aimed at staff in any agency who may be called upon to support, advise, treat, or otherwise assist a woman experiencing violence from a man she knows.