Designed for: Social workers
- Understand the law in relation to guardianship and POA
- Understand types of guardianship orders
- Know what your duties and responsibilities are
- How to effectively work with guardians and POA’s
- Where to access further information
Evaluation methods: Staff learning forms
Policy & Legislation:
- SSSC Codes of Practice
- Mental Welfare Commission
- Adults with Incapacity Act 2000
- Adult Support and Protection (Scotland) Act 2007
- Managing relationships: empowering people; working in partnership; leadership; empathy; dealing with conflict.
- Managing self: professional autonomy; lifelong learning; flexibility; confidence; resilience; awareness of impact on others; Awareness of wider context.