Actions and Detail Panel
Ayrshire & Arran Tourism Conference 2017
Wed 29 March 2017, 09:30 – 15:00 BST
VisitScotland, supported by Ayrshire Tourism Industry Group, is hosting an Ayrshire & Arran Tourism Conference with a focus on how we can best work together to drive tourism growth in Ayrshire & Arran.
The event will allow you to network and explore opportunities for your individual business and for Ayrshire & Arran as a destination.
Topics on the day will include:
- An introduction from Riddell Graham, VisitScotland’s Director of Partnerships
- Digital – what’s not to love! – presented by Vicki Miller, Head of Customer Experience
- Supporting tourism & visitor growth with Tourism Manager Alasdair Smart from ScotRail
- Google Digital Garage presenting ‘Tell your story online’
- An update on the activity of the Ayrshire Tourism Industry Group by David Mann, Director Scottish Maritime Museum
- Insights into the success of partnership working presented by Sheila Gilmore, Executive Director at VisitArran
- Marc Crothall, Scottish Tourism Alliance Chief Executive, discussing ‘The five big questions - supporting tourism business growth’
Delegates will have also have the opportunity to participate in one of three workshops which will focus on: the Year of History, Heritage and Archaeology; Advice and support on making savings by reducing energy, water, and raw material costs with Resource Efficient Scotland; and maximising the benefit of your free web listing on visitscotland.com.
There will also be a showcase of agencies and organisations who can offer support and advice to your business.
For those travelling from Arran transport will be provided to and from the ferry port at Ardrossan and Ayr Racecourse. Please ensure you select this option when registering.