Actions and Detail Panel
Back, Neck and Shoulders Massage Workshop for Men
Mon 1 May 2017, 14:00 – 16:00 BST
Back Neck and Shoulders Massage Workshop
What a better way to treat your friends and partner than giving them a wonderful back rub?
Every body likes a back rub. How about learning a full back, neck and shoulders massage routine to soothe your friends and partner’s tired muscles?
In this hands-on workshop you will learn how to give a relaxing massage safely and effectively. We will go through the basic techniques of Swedish Massage and how to apply them to the muscles of the back, neck and shoulders. Massage is the art of touch, the secret of a wonderful massage is about the flow of the techniques you use and the amount of pressure you apply, You will learn how to position your body and use your hands to create a “wow effect”. You will practice on each other with the supervision of a professional massage therapist to leave you fully equipped and confident in giving the best massage your friends ever had
By the end of the workshop you will be able to carry a 30min massage routine to impress your loved ones.
You will learn a 30 minute massage routine which includes:
- Principles of health and safety
- Choosing the right products
- How to prepare the massage couch
- How to comfortably position your partner on the couch
- Techniques for “face down” and “face up” positions
- How to position yourself effectively for the different parts of the back, neck and shoulders
- Massage techniques such as effleurage, petrissage and Indian Rub Technique
- The main pressure points in the back and shoulders
- Massage of the lower back, upper back, back and front of the shoulders, back and sides of the neck
As a social event you will also get to know massage enthusiasts so you can keep practising your skills.
You will be provided with:
- Towels and couch roll
- Hand sanitiser
- Handout with the full routine
- Massage oil
As you will receive a massage, please make sure your personal hygiene is up-to-date and you are free from infections and injuries which could prevent you from receiving a massage, if in doubt please message me beforehand.
This workshop will run at Filipe’s home, once you have registered you will receive an email with the full address