San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
A panel discussion and question and answer session addressing the increasing repression of dissenting voices in Bahrain.
This event is free to attend, but please register for free tickets on eventbrite.
- Jalila Salman, former Vice-President of the Bahrain Teacher's Association and former prisoner of conscience
- Sayed Ahmed al-Wadaei, Director of Advocacy, Bahrain Institute for Rights and Democracy
- Jalila Sayed lawyer of Nabeel Rajab, President of the Bahrain Centre for Human Rights and former prisoner of conscience (via Skype)
- A representative of Amnesty International's Bahrain Team
- Chair: Shane Enright, Amnesty International Global Trade Union Adviser
The panel discussion will start promptly at 6.30pm. This will be followed by a drinks reception.
The event is sponsored by UK teaching trade unions.
When & Where
Amnesty International UK
Amnesty International is a movement of people from around the world standing up for humanity and human rights.
We are a campaigning organisation; it's what we do. Our purpose is to protect people wherever justice, fairness, freedom and truth are denied.