Bake Your PhD is a cake design competition for PhD students at the University of Southampton.
The goal? To bake a cake (or other baked good) that visually portrays the topic and findings of your PhD!
On 28 April, from 12.00-13.30 the competitors will be showcasing their products in The Cube.
Attendees: Sign up now to attend! Every student and member of the public attending also gets to be a judge. Winners and prizes will be announced at 13.30.
Competitors: Any PhD student is allowed to compete (for FREE), so submit the form below now and get your place before places run out! There will be prizes, and this is a great chance to share your research with fellow students (and the public) in a fun, relaxed way.
Competitor Sign-ups: https://goo.gl/forms/3jao9fFIIlyYREI43
This event is part of the Festival of Doctoral Research 2017. If you like the sound of Bake Your PhD, be sure to check out the other events too.
- To sign-up we're looking for a short abstract (150-300) words about your research: this is to accompany your cake on the day.
- Sign up via this Google Form: https://goo.gl/forms/3jao9fFIIlyYREI43 (or email email@example.com if that doesn't work for you)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details or questions.
- We will be contacting all competitors 2 weeks in advance of the event to confirm your participation: if you fail to respond to this email, we will assume you are no longer competing.
- Can I enter the competition in a team? YES - provided the majority of competitors are PhD students.
- Can I bake my PhD as something other than cake? YES - anything baked is permitted, as are select other goods (i.e. chilled cheesecake: but contact the organisers if you're preparing something unbaked just to check your eligibility!)
- So do I just take my thesis and bake it? NO - Don't bake a printed copy of your thesis, that might end in flames. We're looking for a cake or other baked good that communicates your PhD in a similar way that a poster might.
- Is there an entrance fee? NO - It's free to enter the competition, and it's free to attend.
- Are the unlimited places for competitors? NO - there's only space for 40 competitors/teams, so sign up your Baked PhD idea now.