Barema General Meeting - Autumn 2012
Wednesday, October 31, 2012 from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Please see IMPORTANT TRAVEL ADVICE below
09.30 - REGISTRATION: Please allow enough time to sign in
Coffee and tea will be available
10.00 - MORNING SESSION
- Welcome - Harrie Cooke, Barema Chairman
- Introduction to BSI Services - Dr Neil Adams, BSI Director, Operations and Delivery
- MDD Revision Proposals - Graeme Tunbridge, Head of Medical Devices EU Policy, MHRA
- Notified Bodies' response to MDD Revision - Dr Neil Adams, BSI Director, Operations and Delivery
- Department of Health Purchasing: Raising our game - Luella Trickett, Life Sciences Industry Liaison
- Theatre Access Training - Diane Irvine, Healthcare Skills
- Small Bore Connectors and Standards - Terry Longman, Barema Standards Consultant
12:30 - LUNCH
13:30 - AFTERNOON SESSION
- Medical equipment for use in low and middle income countries
Chaired by Dr Phoebe Mainland, WFSA/ISO Liaison Officer
All speakers in this session have considerable knowledge of the issues of selling into developing countries, and there will be plenty of opportunity to ask them questions. Whilst anaesthetic equipment is the focus, the session will be of interest to all Barema members.
- Introduction to the problems of equipment for use in these countries
- Requirements of end-users (clinicians) - Dr Paul Clyburn, former chair of the AAGBI International Relations Committee
- Infrastructure issues and performance requirements of this equipment - Dr Michael Dobson, Consulatant Anaesthetist with many years overseas experience
- Design, supply and support issues - Robert Neighbour, Diamedica Medical Equipment
- Example of successful program for equipment - Dr Sarah Kessler
- International Standards relevant to less affluent countries - Terry Longman, Barema Standards Consultant
15:15 - TEA & COFFEE
- AAGBI - Paul Klyburn (on behalf of Dr Kathleen Ferugson)
- MHRA - Doug McIvor
- Patient Safety - Joan Russell, NHS Commissioning Board
- Barema Business - Dr Anne Cooke
Please note that parking at the venue is extremely limited. Attendees are strongly advised to travel by public transport, or, if this isn't possible, to share a car.
Travel update - 26th October In response to feedback from members, we have managed to reserve extra parking spaces for delegates. However, if you are able to share a car or use public transport, we (and the planet!) would still ask you to consider these options first, as numbers are very tight.
For any questions about venue or travel, please contact PAUL SIM on 07786 701022.
…Travelling by train
Central Milton Keynes Station is a 5 minute drive from the office, and is well-served by both inter-city and local services. All London-bound trains run to Euston. There is a taxi rank in front of the station.
For timetables visit www.nationalrail.co.uk
…Travelling by car
If you are intending on driving you must please include your car registration number when registering for the meeting. The post code for sat-nav is MK5 8PP.
From the M1 Southbound:
- Leave the M1 at junction 14. At roundabout, take 3rd exit onto the A509 (Milton Keynes);
- Move into the left hand lane. At Northfield Roundabout take 2nd exit onto the A4146 (Aylesbury A5);
- At Fox Milne Roundabout take the 2nd exit onto H6 Childs Way (Central Milton Keynes);
- At Woolstone Roundabout take the 2nd exit onto H6 Childs Way;
- At South Overgate Roundabout take the 1st exit onto H6 Childs Way (Milton Keynes South/West);
- Continue straight over next 6 roundabouts.
- After South Grafton roundabout take 2nd left onto Davy Avenue (Knowlhill).
- BSI , Kitemark Court office is on the right hand side.
From the M1 Northbound:
- Leave the M1 at junction 13. At roundabout take 2nd exit onto the A421 (Milton Keynes);
- At Kingston Roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the A421 (Central Milton Keynes, Buckingham);
- Continue straight over next 2 roundabouts;
- At Netherfield Roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the A421/H8 Standing Way then immediately, at Marina Roundabout, take the 1st exit onto A421/H8 Standing Way (Buckingham);
- Continue straight over next 2roundabouts;
- At Bleak Hall Roundabout take the 3rd exit onto V6 Grafton Street (Central Milton Keynes);
- At Leadenhall Roundabout take the 1st exit onto H7 Chaffron Way (Milton Keynes West);
- Turn right onto Davy Avenue (Knowlhill).
From the A412:
- At Bottledump Roundabout take the 1st exit onto the A421/H8 Standing Way (Northampton, Milton Keynes East/ Central);
- Continue straight over next 3 roundabouts;
- At Elfield Park Roundabout take the 1st exit onto V4 Watling Street (The Bowl, Milton Keynes North);
- At The Bowl Roundabout take the 3rd exit onto H7 Chaffron Way (Milton Keynes East/Central);
- Turn left onto Davy Avenue (Knowlhill). The office is on the left hand side.