Barema Professional Qualification - Oct 2014
Thursday, October 9, 2014 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Delivered in partnership with Healthcare Skills
Endorsed by AAGBI
Accredited by Ofqual-regulated ABP
How do you know that members of your company will not -
- endanger the safety of the patient?
- compromise professional standards of clinical practice?
- contravene ethics, legal protection or patient confidentiality?
- incur costly and potentially disastrous ramifications of not being fully and correctly trained?
The clinical area is a complex environment. All persons within this environment are exposed to risk and also pose a risk to patients in care. Moreover, incorrect behaviour of medical representatives puts their company at risk of legal action and costly negligence claims - as has happened and continues to do so.
This is why it is imperative that the medical representative visiting an operating theatre, ward - or in fact anywhere in a hospital - knows and understands where they can go and why. They need to know the dress code and doors for access and exit; they need to understand patient confidentiality, company liability, infection control and the reasons behind all the rules and regulations.
Members of medical companies are alone in being able to work in a clinical environment without requiring formal qualifications. However, in the States, company reps now need to be accredited. In the UK, too, Trusts are increasingly demanding evidence of appropriate training before company staff can enter their hospitals.
THE BAREMA COURSE
A key part of Barema's mission is to, "maintain [the anaesthetic and respiratory] sector's enviable reputation for exceptionally high levels of quality, safety, [and] reliability". Developing the Barema Professional Qualification demonstrates our commitment to fulfilling this mission.
Ensuring that our members' workforce is properly trained is to the benefit of patient safety and customer confidence, and protects our members by equipping their staff with the skills and knowledge they need.
The course has been designed to cater specifically for the needs of Barema members. It is delivered in partnership with the highly respected Healthcare Skills, includes practical sessions in hospital, and is the only course with full endorsement of the Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland.
One aspect of meeting the needs of our members is keeping it affordable; for this reason it is just one day long (to avoid overnight accommodation) and is run at cost: at £375+VAT per person it compares very favourably to the £1000+ charged for equivalent courses.
The cost of the course includes:
- Pre-course reading
- Full day's training including operating theatre / hospital practical session
- Post-course evaluation (online)
- Certification from Healthcare Skills, accredited by ABP
- Badge from Healthcare Skills which includes AAGBI and company logos
Topics covered include:
- Consent and confidentiality
- Medical negligence
- Delivering competence based training to your customers
- Safe delivery and collection of loan equipment
- Risk management
- Vicarious liability
- Duty of care
- Adverse incident reporting and field observations
- Accredited by Ofqual-regulated ABP (Association of Business Practitioners)
- Endorsed by AAGBI (Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain & Ireland)
- Completion confers eligibility for an ID badge which includes AAGBI and company logos
- Completion confers eligibility for the new MIA card (Medical Industry Accredited) for £18+VAT
- Number of delegates per training day: 12-20
The course is run at cost for Barema members:
Attendance of the course: £375+VAT per person
Registration with ABP (compulsory): £130+VAT per person
Please note that:
Your place will not be confirmed until payment is received
Cancellation fewer than 15 days before the course will incur a charge of 50% full cost
Cancellation fewer than 3 days before the course is non-refundable
If you work in a company that does is not a member of Barema, you are welcome to attend the course.
Please email email@example.com to enquire about non-member registration rates.
Please contact Dr Anne Cooke at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 3318 0836.