Barema Spring Meeting 2017
Tuesday, 7 March 2017 from 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Our spring meeting is kindly being hosted by Barema member Vygon.
There will be a full programme of talks and discussion plus the chance to catch up with Barema colleagues - and registration is FREE for all Barema members.
09:00 - Registration - Tea and Coffee
09:55 - Welcome - Barema Chair, Nicki Dill
10:00 - SESSION ONE
- Procurement Transformation Programme - Paul Webster, Commercial Division, DOH
- Neuraxial Connectors - Pete Philips, Surgical Materials Testing Laboratory, Princess of Wales Hospital
11:00 - TEA and COFFEE
11:20 - SESSION TWO
- Keynote Speaker : Frances Pennell-Buck, Health Sector Specialist, Department of International Trade
- Member Profile - Nick Connolly, General Manager, Fisher & Paykel
- Barema Members' Forum - Chaired by Nicki Dill *Barema members only* - An hour for open discussion on pre-submitted topics
13:10 - LUNCH
14:00 - SESSION THREE
- Life Sciences Industry and Timeframes - Janet Monkman, Registrar & Chief Executive, Academy of Healthcare Sciences
- Improving Patient Safety and Productivity to Drive Performance - Andrew Raynes, IM&T Programme Director, Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals
15:00 - TEA and COFFEE
15:20 - SESSION FOUR
- The NHS Innovation Accelerator Programme: "A Fellow's Perspective" - Maryanne Mariyaselvam, Clinical Research Fellow, Sir Bruce Keogh's NHS Innovator Accelerator Programme
- The Development of the Perioperative Highway Code - Dr Alastair Mulcahy, Consultant Anaesthetist, Royal London Hospital; Dr Queenie Lo, ST6 Anaesthetics, Barts & The London School of Anaesthesia
16:20 - CLOSE of MEETING
Barema are extremely grateful to Vygon for their hospitality and for the day's catering costs as well.
Venue, directions and parking
The meeting is kindly being hosted by Vygon at their offices in Swindon. Please see the full address and a map of the location top right.
The road into the building is marked ‘Gateway North’ - the ALDI entrance is the most prominent landmark. Please avoid the service delivery entrance which is marked ‘V-Park’.
Don't forget to include your car numberplate when you register. (This is just for security reasons for parking at Vygon - there are plenty of places available for all delegates.)
If you are coming by train, it is about 10-15 minutes / 3 mile taxi ride from Swindon station.
We have arranged with Best Western Blunsdon House Hotel that delegates can stay the night of 6thMarch at a reduced rate (£95 B&B).
To book at the reduced rate, please do so by contacting Claudia, Emma or Jane in booking and quote that you are going to the Barema meeting arranged by Nicki Dill. Contact details: 01793 720620.
Please be aware that the rate may increase if booked at short notice - book early to be sure of the lower rate.
The evening dinner will also be held at Blunsdon House. (You are welcome to come to the dinner whether or not you are staying overnight at the hotel.) Please contact Nicki Dill on 07799581545 by the 3rd of March if planning to attend the dinner.
All the below are alternative hotels that are also near to the venue. Early booking is recommended to get the best rates.
Cotswold Water Park Four Pillars Hotel Lake 6, Spine Road East, South Cerney, Gloucestershire GL7 5FP (Sat Nav: GL7 5TL) Tel: 01285 864000.
Premier Inn Swindon North Broad Bush, Blunsdon, Swindon SN26 8DJ Tel: 0871 527 9066.
Swindon Marriott Hotel Pipers Way, Swindon SN3 1SH Tel: 01793 512121.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel Swindon-West M4, Jct.16 Frankland Road, Blagrove, Swindon SN5 8UD Tel: 01793 818800.
Dinner (previous evening)
Any Barema members staying overnight in Swindon, on the 6th, are welcome to join us for an informal meal.
This will be held at 19:30 in the Flame restautant at the Blunsdon House Hotel, meeting in the bar from 19:00.
Please indicate if you will attend the dinner when you register for the meeting. Please let Nicki Dill know if you have any dietary restrictions.
Please note that if you are not a member of Barema there is a registration fee of £72 + booking fee to attend. Please select the appropriate option when you register and pay online.
Barema are very grateful for the support of Vygon in hosting this meeting.
Please contact Nicki Dill with any questions about the meeting: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org