Actions and Detail Panel
Wed 23 November 2016, 13:00 – 15:30 GMT
This is for internal Christie Staff only.
All staff having direct patient contact
- To raise awareness regarding safer moving and handling practice and reduce the risk of musculoskeletal disorders
- For staff to understand and demonstrate evidence based best practice in the management of bariatric patients (plus size)
- Understanding of relevant legislation / Trust policy
- Knowledge regarding anatomy and physiology and the impact of obesity
- Be aware of the potential risks relating to moving and handling of loads and how to reduce the risk using the ergonomic assessment tool – TILEO and the on -going process of assessment
- Acknowledge the core principles relating to movement of self and loads
- Staff can identify the person/persons they can contact for support and advice relating to moving and handling plus size patients
- Appreciate the psychological aspects including dignity, respect and compassion.
- Knowing equipment availabilty and how to access