Actions and Detail Panel
Barnes Class - Vietnamese Delights with Flora's Kitchen
Fri 20 May 2016, 10:00 – 12:00 BST
Barnes Class has paired up with a delightful local chef to give you a culinary masterclass in Vietnamese cuisine!
For this, our first event in Sunningdale, we are delighted to showcase the cookery skills of Flora's Kitchen. Having fallen in love with cooking at her mother's skirts and a life-changing trip to Venice, she sharpened her skills at Rick Stein's Seafood Restaurant in Padstow. After moving to New York, she decided to take the plunge into professional cookery, studying at the Institute of Culinary Education. A further move to Melbourne gave her invaluable experience working under the highly regarded food critic, Geoff Slattery, at his restaurant.
Under Flora's careful guidance, you'll be taught how to prepare some amazing Vietnamese dishes, including:
- Rice flour pancakes (Banh Xeo)
- Poached chicken in a fragrant broth
- Soup made from the fragrant broth with rice noodles (Pho)
- Salad of poached chicken and green mango
- Baguette sandwich (Banh Mi)
- Rice paper rolls (Goi Cuon) with a dipping sauce (nuoc cham)
We look forward to welcoming you to a wonderful event!