Actions and Detail Panel
Barnet Voluntary Community Sector Forum (Adults)
Wed 17 May 2017, 13:15 – 16:30 BST
This friendly informal forum is jointly hosted by the Prevention and Wellbeing Team from Barnet Council's Adult and Communities delivery unit, and with a local voluntary community sector organisation. In May this will be Outreach Barnet - Genesis Housing.
The forum is open to all third sector organisations providing prevention services to adults in Barnet.
All organisation are welcome regardless of whether or not they hold contracts with the Council.
The meetings are held every 3 months (quarterly) for up to three hours, with time given at the beginning, middle and end for networking.
Purpose of the Forum
- To build relationships within the voluntary sector
- To strengthen relationships between the voluntary sector and the council
- To identify new ways of working that may be beneficial to the voluntary sector and the council
- To share lessons learned and ideas
- To increase knowledge between the voluntary sector of different work that is occurring throughout the borough
- To provide a platform to help support and grow the voluntary sector within Barnet
- To inform the voluntary sector within Barnet of changes and challenges which are occurring within health and social care
- To work with our partners in shaping the market so as to address the changing demand of the community in view of the changing social care agenda and services delivery
- To widen knowledge of Barnet’s Adult Social Care vision to deliver outcome based and self-directed support to people within the borough
- To share information on the effectiveness of the current and future provider and commissioning market in responding to and in providing services
- To share market intelligence to support and enhance more efficient and effective service delivery, whilst recognising the competitive and commercial environment within which providers and procurement operate