Actions and Detail Panel
Basic Asthma for PNs/HCAs in EHS CCG or Hastings & Rother CCG
Wed 28 June 2017, 09:00 – 15:00 BST
This study day will cover all the basics in order for healthcare professionals to diagnose and manage patients with asthma in primary care. The use of case studies, practical sessions and visual aids will be used to consolidate learning.
The aim of this training day is to increase healthcare professionals knowledge and understanding of asthma so that they can correctly differentiate between asthma and other respiratory diseases, and manage their patient within national guidelines.
- To have good working awareness of uptodate clinical guidelines
- To be able to understand the new therapies.
- To understand the importance of correct inhaler techniques and be able to demonstrate this in practice for all types of inhaler device.
- To understand the importance of the Non pharmacological therapies available.
- To be able to conduct a Gold standard asthma review.