This session is open to all Health Professionals in all care settings.
During this session, delegates will gain an understanding and knowledge of:
- Loss and grief
- What constitutes a good death
- Implications/effects of breaking bad news
- Theories and models of grief - normal and complicated
- The grief journey and grief interventions
- How grief affects older people
- Children who lose a parent and when a child dies
- Standards that influence bereavement services
- To be able to apply the above understanding and knowledge to practice
Bereavement Services Coordinator - Wirral Hospice St John's
Education Training Facilitator - Wirral Hospice St John's
What are my car parking options for event?
Please be aware that we do not supply car parking facilities at the hospice, car parking is available throughout the Clatterbridge site at £3.20 per visit.
Are refreshments included?
Lunch will be provided on the day along with tea/coffee breaks. It is the responsibility of the invidual to inform us of any special dietary requirements prior to the event.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, we will have your registration information prior to the event.
What is the refund policy?
Please be aware that if you are unable to attend the training session, that you notify us via email (email@example.com) in order for the place to be reallocated. This should be undertaken as soon as possible upon being allocated a place; however, a minimum notice period of 48 hours is required prior to the course taking place. Unattended places or places cancelled with less than 48 hours notice will not receive a refund.
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
Yes, colleagues can attend in your place if you are unable to attend at last minute.