Actions and Detail Panel
Basic Constructions Skills, Bricklaying, Plumbing and Carpentry + CSCS (in...
Tue 2 May 2017, 09:30 – 16:30 BST
Short Course in Basic Construction Skills – Bricklaying, Carpentry, Plumbing, (Level 1) and CSCS card
The Basic Construction Skills course will give you a small insight in to carpentry, bricklaying, and plumbing.
This course should help you decide if any of these trades are suitable for your skill/mind set To prepare you for work we are also offering complete CSCS training CSCS is the leading skills certification scheme within the UK construction industry.
CSCS cards provide proof that individuals working on construction sites have the required training and qualifications for the type of work they carry out. The Scheme keeps a database of people working in construction who have achieved, or are committed to achieving a recognised construction related qualification.
Most principal contractors and major house builders require construction workers on their sites to hold a valid CSCS card
The course will replicate EDEXCEL accredited training in the following units:
The 15 Days course includes Work Experience with Keepmoat Group
- CSCS card
Accredited Units at Level 1 (L1)
- Performing Carpentry Operations (L1)
- Performing Blockwork Operations (L1)
- Performing Brickwork Operations (L1)
- Performing Plumbing Operations (L1)
The following areas will be covered in the above units:
- Learning how to use basic carpentry tools – handsaws, hammers, drills, chisels
- Learning how to use basic bricklaying tools and how to build a basic wall
- How to fit new sinks, tap and waste pipes as well as fitting water feeds
We’ll provide qualified trainers, personal protective equipment, refreshments and lunch together with the expertise and insights required to move you towards a career in the construction industry.
- Unemployed aged 18-24
- Unemployed aged 25+ and have been unemployed for over 6 months (including Work Programme returners)
- Living in one of the following London Boroughs: London Central (Southwark, Camden, Lambeth, Lewisham, Wandsworth, Kensington and Chelsea, Westminster) London North and East (Hackney, Havering, Barking and Dagenham, Enfield, Greenwich, Islington, Redbridge, Newham)
- UK Resident & right to work in the UK
Call Centre: 01245 254875 | Email: email@example.com