This one day course combines 2 short awareness sessions on first aid and fire safety. During the first aid session delegates will focus on their practical skills, while in the fire safety session we will cover legislation, key preventative measures and how to evacuate in an emergency.
Who needs this course?
This course is ideal for people who work in small businesses and fulfil the role of first aider and/or fire warden. It is also great for anyone looking to refresh their first aid skills (half day first aid can be attended only).
Why is this training important?
First aid is a great skill to have, not just in work but also at home.
In 2013/14 there were 22,200 fires in non-dwelling buildings. It is essential that businesses have a plan in place to avoid / deal with fires in their workplace.
At the end of the session, delegates will be able to:
* Demonstrate good technique using CPR and recovery position
* Demonstrate how to help a casualty who is choking or bleeding
* Identify key pieces of legislation relating to fire safety and first aid in the workplace
* Explain a variety of control measures that can be used to prevent / minimise the damage from fire
* Describe key elements of a safe evacuation, and how this applies in your business.
2 x multiple choice quiz
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
On the day of training you must bring photographic proof of identity (passport, driving licences etc).
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I update my registration information?
Please contact us on email@example.com to update your detail.