BMI The London Independent Hospital is providing free BLS/CPR training to GMC registered GPs on Thursday 15th Decemeber 2016 at BMI The London Independent Hospital, 1 Beaumont Square, London E1 4NR.
- Be able to recognise cardiorespiratory arrest
- Know how to summon immediate emergency help in accordance with local protocols
- Perform CPR in the form of chest compressions
- Understand current legislation and local resuscitation policies and procedures
- Know how to recognise and respond to patients with clinical deterioration, escalating care in accordance with local policy
- Be able to initiate an appropriate emergency response, which may include management of choking, and the use of the recovery position, all in accordance with current Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines
- Be able to initiate and maintain effective chest compressions in accordance with current Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines
- Be able to provide basic airway management
- Be able to initiate and maintain effective lung ventilations in accordance with current Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines
- Be able to operate an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) safely and appropriately
- Understand their individual role and responsibilities in responding to persons in emergency situations
- Understand their individual responsibilities in reporting and recording details of an emergency event accurately
- Understand the importance of undertaking any resuscitation interventions within the limits of their personal capabilities and context of any previous training received
- Know how they should apply the local Do Not Attempt Resuscitation Policy within clinical context
We anticipate a high demand and places are limited to 10, so please register your details early to avoid disappointment.
ONLY REGISTER IF YOU ARE SURE YOU CAN ATTEND. NON-ATTENDANCE AND LATE CANCELLATIONS OFTEN MEANS THAT A PLACE IS WASTED.
THIS SESSION WILL START PROMPTLY AT 9.00AM. PLEASE ARRIVE BY 8.45AM FOR REGISTRATION AND REFRESHMENTS. LATECOMERS WILL NOT BE ADMITTED AND WILL BE REQUIRED TO RE-BOOK FOR A LATER DATE.