Actions and Detail Panel
Basic Painting and Decorating inc Health and Safety + CSCS (Greenwhich) - W...
Mon 5 June 2017, 09:30 – 16:30 BST
Short Course Training in Painting & Decorating, Health and Safety (Level 1) and CSCS card
Decorators are required on all building sites and the need for an eye for detail is needed more so now than ever. There are many types of paints for many different surfaces and we will give you an insight to all of them.
To prepare you for work we are also offering complete CSCS training. CSCS is the leading skills certification scheme within the UK construction industry. CSCS cards provide proof that individuals working on construction sites have the required training and qualifications for the type of work they carry out.
The Scheme keeps a database of people working in construction who have achieved, or are committed to achieving a recognised construction related qualification. Most principal contractors and major house builders require construction workers on their sites to hold a valid CSCS card Ixion is offering fully funded 10 day courses running over a period of two weeks (full-time) at a centre near you.
The course will result in EDEXCEL accredited training in the following units:
- CSCS card
Accredited Units at Level 1 (L1)
- Preparing Surfaces for Painting/Decorating in the Workplace (L1)
- Applying Paint Systems by Brush and Roller in the Workplace (L1)
The following areas will be covered in the above units:
- Prepare, prime and seal exterior and/or interior surfaces for industrial and/or non-industrial situations to the given working instructions for the following:
- Bare walls; previously painted/decorated surfaces in sound condition and featuring surface defects; existing covering/material requiring removal
- Demonstrate the following work skills when applying paint systems by brush and/or roller:
- Mixing, pouring, diluting, loading, laying-on, laying-off and cutting-in
- Apply water-borne and/or solvent-borne coatings to internal and/or external surfaces for industrial and/or non-industrial situations, to given working instructions for:
- Linear/trim/narrow-runs and broad areas by brush and/or roller
We’ll provide qualified trainers, personal protective equipment, refreshments and lunch together with the expertise and insights required to move you towards a career in the construction industry.
- Unemployed aged 18-24
- Unemployed aged 25+ and have been unemployed for over 6 months (including Work Programme returners)
- Living in one of the following London Boroughs: London Central (Southwark, Camden, Lambeth, Lewisham, Wandsworth, Kensington and Chelsea, Westminster) London North and East (Hackney, Havering, Barking and Dagenham, Enfield, Greenwich, Islington, Redbridge, Newham) : See postcode checker below
- UK Resident & right to work in the UK
Call Centre: 01245 254875 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org