Actions and Detail Panel
Basic Plastering Techniques, Clear & Store Plastering Tools & Equipment (Is...
Mon 15 May 2017, 09:30 – 16:30 BST
Short Course Training in Basic Plastering, Health and Safety in the Workplace (Level 1) and CSCS card
Plasterers apply various coats of plaster to a range of backgrounds depending on the needs and often learn how to render external substrates and lying of screed floors.
To prepare you for work we are also offering complete Health and Safety in the Workplace and CSCS training. CSCS is the leading skills certification scheme within the UK construction industry.
CSCS cards provide proof that individuals working on construction sites have the required training and qualifications for the type of work they carry out.
The Scheme keeps a database of people working in construction who have achieved, or are committed to achieving a recognised construction related qualification. Most principal contractors and major house builders require construction workers on their sites to hold a valid CSCS card. Ixion is offering fully funded 10 day courses running over a period of two weeks (full-time) at a venue near you.
The course will result in EDEXCEL accredited training in the following units:
- CSCS card
Accredited Units at Level 1 (L1)
- Applying finishing plaster to background surfaces in the workplace (L1)
- Producing internal solid plastering finishes in the workplace (L1)
- Producing external solid render finishes in the workplace (L1)
The following areas will be covered in the above units;
- Prepare and apply finishing plasters to prepared surfaces
- The backgrounds to contractor’s working instructions
- Prepare materials and apply internal plasterwork to contractor’s working instructions including:
- One-coat work (finishing plasters), two-coat work, internal and external angles, reveals, cills and soffits (door and/or windows), expanded metal lath (EML) strips
- Prepare materials and apply render to external backgrounds to contractor’s working instructions for:
- Brick and/or block and/or concrete surfaces, bellcasts, internal and external angles, reveals, walls, installation of expanded metal lath (EML)
We’ll provide qualified trainers, personal protective equipment, refreshments and lunch together with the expertise and insights required to move you towards a career in the construction industry.
- Unemployed aged 18-24
- Unemployed aged 25+ and have been unemployed for over 6 months (including Work Programme returners)
- Living in one of the following London Boroughs: London Central (Southwark, Camden, Lambeth, Lewisham, Wandsworth, Kensington and Chelsea, Westminster) London North and East (Hackney, Havering, Barking and Dagenham, Enfield, Greenwich, Islington, Redbridge, Newham)
- UK Resident & right to work in the UK
Call Centre: 01245 254875 | Email: email@example.com