BAST Online - 1200-1400 (CDT) January 19th, 2017 with Lisa Haupert
Thursday, 19 January 2017 at 12:00 - Thursday, 23 March 2017 at 14:00 (CST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Be A Singing Teacher Course
A 20 hour online course, run over 10 weeks
DATES: Thursdays 19th January - 23rd March 2017
TIME: 12PM - 2PM (CDT) NB time change +1hr 12th March
Places limited. Book early to avoid disappointment
ABOUT THE COURSE
WHAT'S IN THE COURSE
- Intro to the anatomy of the voice (larynx, vocal cords, respiratory system)
- Assessing the singer and their voice
- Vocal exercises sounds/scales/instruction to help the singer sing better
- Intro to the science behind singing
- Practical demos
- Basic keyboard skills
- Equipping your studio
- Developing a lesson plan
- Delivering the first lesson
- Delivering ongoing lessons
- Teaching/learning styles and pedagogy
- Vocal pathology (i.e. vocal damage)
- Vocal health advice
- Basic business and marketing strategies
- Useful resources for singing teachers
- Plus much more…
- A clear and practical method for getting started as a singing teacher
- Useful resources and recommendations
- Recording of each class as well as a copy of the lesson presentation
- A signed Certificate of Attendance at the end of the course.
- A bunch of new friends with similar interests!
- 3 months free BAST membership for ongoing education and support
- Notifications for ongoing educational events and resources
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years of professional experience as a singer/performer. Think about it if you don't have much singing performance experience it will be hard to convince someone that you know enough to help them become a singer.
- Music theory qualifications or Grade 5 minimum knowledge recommended. Knowledge is power.
- Keyboard skills also recommended but not compulsory. It is highly recommended you consider piano lessons if you have no keyboard experience. Being able to play and control scales, plonk out a melody or a set of chords goes a long way in this game. We do cover basic scale building and piano fingering in the course.
I just wanted to say thank you for the BAST course. I learnt so much and feel much more confident with my group singing classes and think it was well worth the investment.
Sally Wilson, UK
When's the next course? I learned so much - I want to keep moving forward. You helped me discover tools that will move my students forward even more quickly.
Blake Cline, California, US
The BAST course couldn't have been anymore useful. I had had no previous teaching experience and this course gave me the confidence to go out and get a job teaching. The techniques delivered were brilliant and all of my students love the method of teaching, which I have BAST to thank for! Would highly recommend it to anyone!
Katie Combs, Florida, US
When & Where
Lisa is no ordinary voice teacher. She is also a wellness coach, has a master’s degree in nursing in adult health and education, and is the Education Manager for Vocology in Practice (ViP). She was formerly a Level 5 teacher and Education Area Manager with Speech Level Singing (SLS).
Clients from all over the world come to Lisa to become the singers they want to be. She specializes in working with highly motivated clients, both amateurs and professionals. In her home studio on Music Row in Nashville, TN she specializes in working with artists to develop their voices so that they are no longer limited, but rather liberated by their style.
Lisa also deeply enjoys working with other singing teachers and those who want to become teachers. She regularly works with Vocology in Practice to provide scientifically and physiologically sound teaching for other singing teachers. In the summer of 2014 Lisa completed and passed the first of a trio of blocks of graduate classes in vocology at the Summer Vocology Institute, taught by Dr. Ingo Titze.
Lisa uniquely combines her experience and knowledge of health, wellness, positive psychology, and whole-hearted living with the science of the habilitation of the voice. She stirs in some compassion, a slightly off balance sense of humor, and some southern US charm, and out comes a recipe created to get you what you need for your singing and singing teaching.