Bath Low Carbon Business Breakfast
Strategy for Sustainability: How Business is Driving Low Carbon Growth
7.45am - 10.00am, Tuesday 15th September 2015, Bath Innovation Centre
While our low carbon industries face a challenging policy landscape, an increasing number of companies are making clear statements on their own direction of travel towards more sustainable business models. In this session we will explore examples of how this approach is creating opportunities and driving growth in our green business sectors.
Come and hear about the opportunities for businesses embracing sustainable practises as part of their values in a changing market;
- Amy Nicholass, Go Green - how Go Green is driving demand in the low carbon sector, using case studies of how businesses have gained public awareness, increased their efficiency and changed staff behaviours in response to the scheme set up as part of Bristol as European Green Capital for 2015
- Charles Curnock, Bath Abbey and Neil Francis, Buro Happold - Charles and Neil will discuss the Bath Abbey Footprint Project and how this sensitive and sustainable restorative work is being carried out, as well as the background of the Abbey, the current use as a community asset and how this led to this literally and figuratively ground-breaking work.
- Simon White, Senior Associate at Sustain – Case studies of recent opportunities and some of the current opportunities available to businesses to improve their sustainability and reduce their bottom line including the British Gas Fund
This event promises to be popular - book your space now
Please arrive from 7.45am for an 8.00am start. The talk and subsequent discussion will conclude by 9.15am, followed by networking with pastries until 10.00am.
- The session will take place at our regular venue the Bath Innovation Centre, Bath's hub for entrepreneurs, innovators and researchers.
- The Innovation Centre is conveniently located just 1 minute walk from Bath Spa train station, many people travel by train from Bristol and further afield. We encourage you to join us! Map
- The venue is fully accessible.
- Please note we will need 2 working days in advance of the event to process any cancellations.
About this event
The Low Carbon Business Breakfasts are run by Low Carbon South West and take place monthly in Bristol or Bath, offering an invaluable opportunity to hear about developments in the low carbon sector and make new connections in the region, before your work day starts.
Both Bristol and Bath venues are located less than 2 minutes walk from city centre train stations giving our delegates the option to travel sustainably.
To find out more about this series of events click here