Actions and Detail Panel
BDF conference 2017: Disability-smart procurement, suppliers and partners
Tue 11 April 2017, 09:00 – 17:00 BST
Our 2017 conference will focus on equipping HR, recruitment, diversity & inclusion and technology leads with practical insights and best practice to help their procurement colleagues secure more disability-smart outcomes.
When your suppliers and partners do not factor in disability:
- Disabled candidates do not apply for, or get interviewed for roles.
- Colleagues that become disabled or acquire health conditions are less likely to be retained.
- Disabled customers move their business elsewhere.
- Facilities become progressively more inaccessible as employees age and become disabled or acquire health conditions.
- Disabled visitors and customers may also find access to your facilities challenging.
Building disability-smart organisations relies on suppliers and partners having the right know-how to improve inclusion for all employees, candidates and customers, including those with disabilities.
BDF’s November 2016 research report ‘Key aids and barriers to effectively engaging suppliers and partners’ reveals that:
- Only one in four businesses review contracts with third-party suppliers and partners to ensure that they deliver on the requirements for inclusion and accessibility.
- Less than two in five businesses report having had discussions with suppliers and partners about how they approach disability outside of formal processes.
This conference includes high profile guest speakers, as well as sharing lessons and best practice from 12 businesses that have innovated their approaches to working with suppliers and partners to deliver better disability-smart outcomes for colleagues, candidates and customers.
BDF is also delighted to provide all delegates with free access to new guidance we are launching, 'Step by step: Achieving disability-smart outcomes in work with suppliers and partners' which gives delegates practical tips and advice to support each stage of any procurement process to achieve more for your people and your customers with disabilities and health conditions.
We look forward to seeing you there.
If you wish to discuss anything in regards to accessibility or if you require alternative formats please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.