Actions and Detail Panel
Be A Cancer Champion (all dates)
Wed 12 July 2017, 09:30 – 11:30 BST
This training is aimed at individuals in organisations or community settings living or working in Tameside, who have the opportunity to raise awareness or promote the early detection message around cancer. Also for those individuals who are who are able to offer support to colleagues or others who are diagnosed with cancer.
The training will cover
- Signs and Systems of the most common cancers
- Cancer Risk Factors / Reducing the Risk
- NHS Cancer Screening Programmes
- The role of the Cancer Champion
- Delivering brief advice and the key messages for promoting early detection, early treatment.
- Identifying the communication skills needed and how to handle any difficult conversations.
- Supporting a colleague with cancer
Cancer Champion Training (1/2 day)
Wednesday July 12th: 9.00am - 12.30pm. Ashton Fire Station Community Room