This four-hour interactive session, with Major Russell Lewis, aims to help you transform you and your team to become true leaders in your business. This session will focus on developing your leadership skills and managing the challenges of leading when times are hard, as well as communicating and getting the buy in from those around you.
Why should this be of interest?
- Learn how to lead your team in both the good times and the bad
- Learn how to communicate and motivate your team in challenging times
- Learn about the type of leader you are, and how you can develop
- Challenge preconceptions about leadership and define your own view of leadership
- Explore the concept of the leadership as a force multiplier
- Explore the power that one individual can have in your business and how to harness this
What you will gain, learn and explore:
There are a number of similarities when leading in battle and leading in business - Major Russell Lewis aims to share these with you. Russell will share real life anecdotes and explain the relevance to business today. He will look to challenge and explore with you the multifaceted role of the leader and how you can transform to become the force multiplier.
- Date: Thursday 29 September 2016
- 8:30am – Arrival
- 9:00am – You will work through the areas listed above
- 12:30pm – Presentation ends for Q&A with the guest
- 1:00pm – Session comes to a close
- £150 +VAT
- £95 +VAT (Discounted rate for Supper Club members only)
This is an interactive session so we encourage all attendees to ask questions throughout.
Open to business owners and all managers/leaders in the business
Who will be delivering the class?
Major Russell Lewis will lead this session. Russell’s approach to coaching and leadership development is informed by his rich first hand experiences of leading and coaching in a wide variety of practical and challenging situations.
Russell spent 20 years in the British Army, serving in the Parachute Regiment. He has served in numerous theatres including Northern Ireland, Kosovo, Iraq and Afghanistan. However, it was Afghanistan that proved to be his crucible leadership experience. As a Company Commander with responsibility for over 200 men, he was awarded the Military Cross for his leadership and gallantry under fire. His detailed account of his Company’s tour was published under the title ‘Company Commander’ and is now mandated reading for all aspirant US Naval Officers.
He now trains large, multinational corporations in leadership, coaching and high performance team building. He also works for Help for Heroes, developing both the staff and injured veterans, and has also worked with Greater Manchester Police, the US Naval Academy and as a specialist Defence commentator for Sky News.
Russell is an accredited level 5, ILM coach with an MSc in Leadership and Management from Portsmouth Business School, an NLP practitioner and an accredited deliverer of the Strength Deployment Inventory.