Make a versatile top or dress from start to finish across 4 workshops (every 2 weeks) which will teach the skills required. (there is also a skirt class and trousers class will follow in the future...)
With two workshops per month, students will get time to do homework so that everyone is at the same place at the start of each session. But don't fear, you can do homework at the Sewing Cafe Sessions which offers more guidance if needed.
TOP/ DRESS: Simplicity 2147 in chosen knitted or tshirt fabric - please buy before the class.
- Understand a pattern including jargon
- Choose correct size for your measurements
- Cut out a pattern
- Sew and work with stretchy fabric
NOTE: Attendees will need to be comfortable using your sewing machine. Suggest doing Beginners 101, 102 and 103 skirt before this class. Or attend a Sewing Cafe Session to check if you have the confidence to join this class.
- Pattern 'Simplicity 2147'
- Fabric as specified on pattern (knitted or t-shirt) - pre washed and ironed at home.
- Matching thread
- Walking foot attachment for your machine
- Sewing kit - sharp fabric scissors, measuring tape, pins.
- Your machine and pedal (or hire one prior to session).
- Tea, coffee and biscuits provided.
When & Where
Sew what cafe
151 Brunswick road (house with side gate entry)
W5 1AH London
Sew what? Sewing classes & alterations
Sew what? offers beginner and intermediate sewing classes in Ealing, West London W5. Book online, enquiries welcome: Debbie 07946 826 338
Beginner classes teach you how to use a sewing machine and master popular sewing techniques and using a pattern. These help build confidence and achieve your sewing goals.
The Sew what cafe is a sewing space with assistance and tea at hand - get some sewing done. Monthly Feature projects - fab for few hours with your friends. Kids clubs available too.