This course concentrates on the basic skills required to achieve a professional finish on your celebration cakes and introduces some simple but effective decorative techniques. Plenty of time is allowed for each step meaning this course if particularly good for beginners.
The course will cover:
• How to level, fill and crumb coat your cake
• Colouring and handling sugar paste
• Covering & trimming your cake board
• Covering your cake & achieving a smooth finish
• Simple but effective cake decorating techniques including using embossers, plunger cutters and ribbon cutters
• Making a sugar bow & ribbon
• Making a cake fountain for added drama & height
You will need to bring:
• An apron
All other materials and tools are provided including a 6” round cake to work on which you will take home fully decorated. Tea, coffee and cake will be provided throughout the class.
For full terms and conditions please see our website www.icemaidencakes.com