INTRODUCTION TO SEWING & DESIGN - 6 WEEK COURSE
Would you love to learn how to make your own clothes and use a sewing machine but don’t know where to start?
Then this is the course for you as you will learn to sew in a gorgeous womanswear design studio, with MaryRose - a womanswear designer with over 20 years in the fashion industry, who has designed for many well known high street brands & international designers before she moved back home to Belfast.
She loves nothing more than teaching and passing on all her secrets learn in all the fab design studios she has worked in over the years!
The course is suitable for absolute beginners, or those who have sewn a little before, classes are kept small and friendly and run for 6 weeks. In total, you will have 12 hours of fantastic tuition, leaving you full of confidence and ready to start on your own gorgeous sewing projects.
First session: Thursday 6th October 6-8pm
Last session: Thursday 10th November 6-8pm
£120.00 - 6 WEEKS / 12 hours tuition
This course consists of 6, two hour sessions in which you will be taken from the very basics of setting up and threading a sewing machine to making a gorgeous kimono, an autumn printed tote bag and an embellished cushion. Sewing machines are provided and a material list will be provided in the first class.
You are of course welcome to bring your own machine if you prefer.
What you will learn:
- How to cut and pin fabric using a simple pattern.
- How to thread the machine and wind a bobbin.
- How to sew and finish straight seams.
- Understanding commercial patterns, including their language and symbols.
- How to correctly take measurements.
- How to finish seams and use bias binding
- Design basics - how to design: colour, shapes, embellishments.
- handsewing & embellishment techniques
We also have plenty of tea and cake during our sessions - these sewing groups are not only educational and inspiring, but loads of fun as you meet a new social circle while learning your new skills.
2. Fabric for your cushion, bag and skirt (we will provide details for these fabrics in session, so no need to bring for first class)
3. Notebook to take notes
4. Camera - an essential for every budding designer.
Classes fill up fast, so booking early is advised. If you have any questions, feel free to call the studio on 0280 312480.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
*****PLEASE NOTE: ON BOOKING, E MAIL YOUR MOBILE NUMBER TO: