Our Beginners Knitting (Parts 1, 2 & 3) have been specifically developed to meet the needs of those wishing to take the first step into the world of knitting. These classes will not only introduce the participants to the fundamentals of knitting but also to practical advice on yarns, needles and pattern reading. The class is taught by Barley Massey (part 1 & 2) and Jill Bulgan (part 3) who will watch over your learning with care, offer feedback/observations and answer your questions as they arise!
If you are already have basic knitting skills but wish to progress some aspects of your knitting you may want to join part 2 and/or 3. Classes can be booked individually or we offer a discount if you block book all 3 sessions.
Beginners Knitting Part 1: Saturday 22nd October
On completion of this workshop, participants should confidently be able to:
- Understand the relationship between wool and needle sizes.
- Make a Slip knot, use ‘thumb’ and ‘knitting on’ methods of casting on.
- Complete a plain stitch.
- Introduce a new ball of wool or new colour.
- Cast off and sew in loose ends.
Beginners Knitting Part 2: Saturday 29th October
On completion of this class, participants should confidently be able to:
- Complete a purl stitch.
- Understand how to combine plain & purl stitch to create new stitches, eg: stocking stitch, ribbing and moss stitch.
- Create shaping through increasing and decreasing stitches.
Beginners Knitting Part 3: Saturday 5th November
On completion of this class, participants will confidently be able to:
- Decode relevant knitting pattern terms and abbreviations
- Understand the importance of tension squares.
- Follow individual knitting patterns.
- Recognise and rectify any mistakes made while following the pattern.
- Utilise finishing techniques including sewing and blocking.
Includes a starter pack, top up yarns and refreshments.
To find out more about Fabrications and our classes, please visit our Website
Booking Terms & Conditions