Meditation can change the way we experience our life. Our courses give a solid grounding in the practice of meditation that you will be able to take away and develop in your own time.
The course will include teaching in the following components :
- Mindfulness of breathing
- Cultivation of positive emotions (metta bhavana)
- Body awareness
- Relaxation and mental calm
- Alertness and clarity of mind
The meditation practices all come from the Buddhist tradition. You can practice meditation with any faith, or indeed no faith at all.
We also look at:
- Maintaining a practice at home
- Practising mindfulness
- How your meditation relates to the rest of your life
The benefits of meditation
- The shifts in the way we experience life that stillness and clarity can bring.
- The ability to relax and de-stress.
- Focus and the ability to concentrate.
- An open and cherishing attitude to yourself and others, conjoined with emotional robustness.
Most importantly, our experienced teachers guide you in your discovery of meditative experience with led meditations and open discussion. Full notes provided.