Actions and Detail Panel
Beginners Web Design Course 6 Weeks | 6:30-9pm | 8th September (Brighton)
Thu, 8 Sep 2016, 18:30 – Thu, 13 Oct 2016, 21:00 BST
Are you curious to learn and discover how a website is built?
If you have no previous experience or if you want to refresh your knowledge then our Beginners Web Design course is perfect for you. This course will take you through each aspect of design and development step-by-step.
During the course you will learn how websites are created from the ground up using technologies such as HTML and CSS. By week 6 you will have created a website using industry-ready processes.
Is this course for me?
We have a maximum of 5 students per class. This means their is more focus on each individual. The structure of the course is designed so that everyone can learn at a comfortable pace.
After week 6 you will be awarded with a certificate. You can hang this on your wall and feel proud of your achievement.
How much does it cost?
The 6 weeks course is £295. A deposit of £150 is required to reserve your place.
If you have any questions feel free to checkout our website http://www.pebbledesigns.co.uk/course/brighton-and-hastings/beginners-web-design-course/
Week 1 - Introduction
- How to be organised and why its important
- What is HTML and why do we use it?
- Structure of HTML markup language
- How to create a file for the web
- Semantics - why is it important
- HTML Validation
Week 2 - Visual
- IDs and Classes and why we use them
- Introducing Cascading Stylesheets (CSS)
- How to style web pages and what to look for
- How to prepare images for the web and the different filetypes
- Layouts, using floats and inline elements
- Various methods of using colour on your web page
- Additional CSS
- Building a site from start to finish
- What is FTP and why do we use it?
- A guide on Hosting and domains
- Mini project - its over to you!
- What to do next after the website is built
- Introduction to jQuery
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Further web development tools
- A guide on how to find freelance work and clients