Behaviour based Interviewing Skills for Managers and Supervisors
This workshop is for London Metropolitan University Staff Only
Managers and supervisors who take part in staff recruitment interview panels or have responsibility for the performance and development of their teams.
Why you should attend?
Many managers tell us that they hire people for their knowledge and skills and then wish we could fire them for their behaviour. A question commonly asked is how can we find out what they’re really like before we offer them a job? How can we find out if they will be motivated, proactive and fit in with the team?
Behavioural interviewing is the answer!
Biographical interviewing has been shown to predict performance with an accuracy rate of 40%. Research shows that behaviour or competency based interviewing increases this to 70%. So if you want to be more sure of hiring the right people then this course will help you do so.
Improve your interviewing skills to ensure the people being hired into your team do not only have the right skills but also the right behaviours. This will help avoid performance issues down the line.
This course will help you:
- Clarity on how to structure an interview to get the most out of your candidate
- A chance to practice designing and asking strong interview questions (building on what you learned in Powerful Questioning)
- Enhanced ability to use strong and probing questions to really assess
- Whether the person can do the job (knowledge and skill)
- Whether the person will do the job (behaviours and attitude)
- Whether the person will fit in (behaviours and attitude)
- The opportunity to participate in a mock interview and receive feedback to allow you increase your self-awareness and to improve your ability to recruit the right person
Behaviour based interviewing skills is one of the bitesize sessions in a series of eight workshops for managers and supervisors.
Other events in this series:
- Powerful questioning for performance success
- Leading Change Resiliently
- Performance and development objectives that work
- Performance Review, moving forward through feedback
- Managing attendance and wellbeing
- Resolving conflict effectively
- Practical Coaching Skills
Hosted by: Centre4Learning