Actions and Detail Panel
Behaviours that Challenge and the Autism Spectrum
Wed 29 March 2017, 09:30 – 14:30 BST
This full-day course is aimed at people who already have a basic understanding of the autism spectrum, who want to be able to understand and manage some of the behaviours which individuals on the spectrum have. This interactive training involves some group work and is fun and interesting.
Whenever possible we engage guest speakers who are on the autism spectrum on this course to explain their unique personal experiences.
By the end of this course you will:
* Know the reasons why people on the autism spectrum have challenging behaviours
* Have proactive strategies in order to promote positive behaviours
* Be able to react appropriately when challenging behaviours occur
Time: 09.30 am – 2:30 pm
Course materials and refreshments included
Following this training the learner can progress on to the following programmes:
* OCN - Level 2 - Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorders
* How to write Social Stories for people on the Autism Spectrum
* Recognising Autistic Traits
All profits from this training go to towards improving the lives of individuals and families on the autism spectrum.