Actions and Detail Panel
Behind the scenes with STV North – how to pitch winning broadcast stories
Tue 12 April 2016, 17:30 – 20:00 BST
CIPR Scotland is delighted to be hosting an evening in Inverness with STV’s Donald John MacDonald, Editor of News Programmes (Aberdeen), Nicola McAlley, Highland reporter and Emma Murray, video journalist.
The STV evening news will be screened in the room at 6pm, then Donald John and Nicola will provide an overview of:
- News agenda planning and how stories and interviews are sourced, selected and edited
- Why stories are treated the way they are
- The differences between a reporter and a video journalist
- What makes a great TV broadcast story and what to avoid when pitching
- Why some stories go into local news, others across the North, others across Scotland
- How to approach STV with story ideas
- The launch of the new STV News App
Following this discussion there will be a Q&A with STV and optional networking drinks in the bar.
When: Tuesday 12th April 5.30pm-7.30pm (watching STV news live at 6pm)
Where: Palace Hotel, 8 Ness Walk, Inverness, Inverness-shire IV3 5NG