The Chelmsford Diocese are running this event is to celebrate, resource and equip Christians in our local schools. Whether you are a governor, teacher, Clergy, Schools worker, Youth worker, Chaplain or a Church member with a heart to do more with and for your local school then this conference is for you!
Tea and Coffee will be served from 930am with an official start time of 10am and finishing at 4pm
We have some fantastic key note speakers with us-
Alison Hogger- Director of Keeping health in mind
Speaking about Mental health in schools and how low level intervention can make a big difference
Jill Rowe- National Director of Ethos & Formation at Oasis UK
Speaking about Ethos & contemporary issues in school today
You will also have the chance to attend one workshop in the morning and one in the afternoon from the list below-
- A) Governance and me- Four school governors share inspiring stories
- B) Educating Essex- Explore popular culture and working with the modern teenager in school
- C) Faith in school. Am I the only one?- Being a Christian in a state school
- D) Collective worship in primary schools; the good, the bad and the illegal- What you whould and should do
- E) Help I'm stuck- A place to hang out, refelct and discuss any questions that you might have
- 1) Once upon a time...-The art of storytelling in lessons and assemblies
- 2) A Christian ethos in school?- What is one and how do we shape one for our school?
- 3) Resourcing spiritual life in schools- Prayer spaces, chaplaincy and opportunities for reflection
- 4) The world beyond the school gate- A global development perspective in schools
- 5) Help I'm stuck- A place to hang out, reflect and discuss any questions that you might have
Tickets are restricted to 100 people so book NOW!
Email Revd Cannon Jenny Tomlinson if you have any questions about this event JTomlinson@chelmsford.anglican.org
Check this event out on our website http://www.cdbe.org.uk/events/info/being-good-news-in-schools
Find our event on facebook- https://www.facebook.com/events/1743037209276493/
* Please note that Parking and venue entrance will be around the back of the school so look out for the signs on the day.