San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Getting an audience – and the right audience – is maybe the hardest part of running an event. The Edinburgh Skeptics run over sixty popular science events a year and regularly fill the venue. At this Twilight, they’ll share their marketing strategy for you to adopt and adapt.
Please come along to this Twilight if:
• You want to market a popular science event in Edinburgh
• You have related experience which you’d like share
Beltane Breakfasts and Twilights are informal events where members of the Beltane community share their experiences of public engagement with research. University researchers and professional staff, plus people from organisations that wish to work with universities, have a chance to share tips over food.
- 16:30 Light food and soft drinks
- 16:45 Beltane update
- 16:55 Marketing a popular science event in Edinburgh (David Frank, Edinburgh Skeptics)
- 17:15 Sharing experiences of marketing popular science events (two-minute wonders and/or small-group discussion)
- 18:00 End