Registration is free, however your school will be invoiced £105 per delegate, and an extra £50 per delegate of the same school.
Do you feel your school could support children and staff better when they suffer grief or loss in their lives?
This course will help you ensure that you have effective systems of support, pastoral understanding and appropriate rituals or opportunities to mark loss, to help through these difficult times.
This course is aimed at:
- all adults working with children in primary and secondary schools;
- support staff;
The aims of this course are:
- to help staff who may have, or are likely to have, bereaved pupils in school;
- to consider and explore children's perceptions of death, loss and separation;
- to enable questions and experiences to be shared;
- to equip and encourage schools in providing practical and emotional support for their pupils and students.
David Williams is a School Effctiveness Adviser working in schools throughout the diocese of Bath and Wells. David currently leads training for church and community schools on how to support children and their families who have experienced bereavement. He is also a volunteer support worker for CRUSE - a national charity providing bereavement support for adults, children and young people.
Please read about the Terms and Conditions / Booking Information to learn about cancellation fees.