Using the latest in simulation technology and based upon the latest guidelines and evidence you will learn from the experts in the field of Non-Invasive Ventilation. You will learn how to initiate, manage, trouble shoot, and escalate Non-Invasive Ventilation in the emergency and acute environment.
Learn from lectures, hands on workshops and high fidelity simulation.
Learning outcomes include:
- To understand the scientific principles of respiratory failure.
- To Understand the principles and function of NIV.
- To Recognise both the indications and contraindications for NIV.
- To be safely able to prescribe, set up, and trouble shoot NIV
- To recognise the limitations of NIV.
- To learn basic principles of Human Factors in healthcare.
Date and Time
Simulation and Interactive Learning (SaIL) Centre
1st Floor St Thomas House, St Thomas' Hospital
Westminster Bridge Road