Actions and Detail Panel
BHS NOTTS PLEASURE RIDE FOR BHS RIDE OUT MONTH - SUN 7 MAY 2017
Sun 7 May 2017, 10:00 – 14:00 BST
BHS Nottinghamshire Pleasure Ride for Ride Out UK Month - Supporting the BHS Paths for Communities Fund
at Wellow Equestrian Centre, Rufford Lane, Wellow, Newark, Nottinghamshire. NG22 0EQ
Come and join us for Ride Out UK on Sun 7th May 2017 and ride around the Farm Ride at Wellow Equestrian Centre
Cost is £15.00 per rider or £10.00 for lead rein riders. No refunds and no bookings on the day.
Closing date for entries is Friday 5th May 2017 at 12 noon.
You may set off anytime between 10.00am and 1.00pm but we will set you off at 5-10 min intervals (but no horse vehicle parking will be available before 9.45am)
There are various routes you can take, ranging from a 30 minute hack ( ideal for lead rein ponies) to one of an hour or so. These will be signposted on the day.
- Riders under 16 years must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- THIS IS A NON-JUMPING RIDE EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE JUMPS ON THE ROUTE!
- All horses must be over the age of 4 years & in a fit condition to undertake the work expected of them
- Tack must be correctly fitted and in a safe condition – no fixed reins allowed
- Please note that hat standards changed for 2017. Hats to the current standard must be worn & correctly secured at all times when mounted – please check yours meets current standards which can be found below.
- Body protectors are strongly recommended and should comply with current standards – also found below.
- All riders must wear suitable riding footwear. Wellington boots and trainers are not allowed
- Please respect land & other route users – walk when passing pedestrians or slower riders. Please follow the country code.
- All riders are responsible for ensuring their own and others safety
- Please be aware of natural hazards that may be encountered e.g. rabbit holes, mole hills etc…
- Please follow the instructions of marshals and officials at all times
- Don’t forget it is a legal requirement to have a copy of your horse’s passport when travelling to events
- Please clear up all droppings and rubbish
- There will be no access to the horse vehicle parking before 9.45am
PAS015:( 1998 or 2011) with BSI kitemark
VG1 01.0404: (2014 -12) with BSI kitemark
ASTM F1163:(2004a or 04a onwards) with SEI mark,
SNELL E2001: with Official SNELL lable and number
AS/NZS 3838 (2006 onwards) with SAI Global Mark
EN13158 BETA 2000 or 2009 Level 3 (Purple Label)
The organisers have taken reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone present. For these measures to be effective, everyone must take reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents. Neither the organisers nor the British Horse Society accept responsibility for any accident, injury, loss or illness to horse, rider, spectator or property whilst at this event.