Bid Writing training course
Friday, 5 December 2014 from 09:30 to 16:30 (GMT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Aim: To offer delegates a practical guide to:
- How to access and influence your MP, MEP & councillors;
- Various ways of getting your case or issue aired by decision-makers;
- Interview techniques.
Who should attend? Those who want to better understand how parliament works so that you can use MPs and Peers to raise issues you care about.
Content: This training will cover -
- What funders are looking for and what funders hate
- Contracts and commissioning processes
- Focussing on outcomes not process
- Illustrating how a project is to be delivered and making expected results come to life
Outcomes: By the end of the session participants will leave with –
- Knowledge of how to tailor language to funders and commissioners
- Knowing how to see bids from a funders / commissioners perspective
- Knowing how to sell your project as unique
- Knowing how to sell your project as being good value for money
- Knowing how to tell a story in your bid
- Knowing how to separate project and core costs
- An understanding of how to build a strong case for funding support
- An understanding of how to sell a tight project budget
- An understanding of exit strategies and sustainability
Methodology: The session will offer a blend of individual reflection; group exercises; creative and engaging computer-based exercises; presentation; role-plays.
When & Where
We are a national membership organisation championing the voice of the Black and Minority Ethnic voluntary, community and social enterprise sector. We work for a stronger and inclusive civil society to meet the needs of BME and other disadvantaged communities.
Telephone: 0207 697 4240