San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Pocket Gamer team is back in San Francisco for Casual Connect, and is hosting another one of our legendary Big Indie Pitch sessions.
Taking place on Monday, 21st July at Minna Gallery, our latest Big Indie Pitch offers shortlisted developers a chance to impress some of the best mobile games journalists, answer questions and gather expert insight on their game.
Our unique speed dating format gives each developer three minutes with each panel of experts, meaning entrants will get real feedback from the event. The winner will also get editorial coverage in Pocket Gamer, making this a great chance to get your game up in lights.
If you want to get your game in the mix, submit your details HERE to register your interest, and please bring along your business card to gain entry at the door, we welcome anyone WORKING IN THE GAMES INDUSTRY at our events! The Big Indie Pitch is always popular, so sign up now and avoid missing out on getting your game discovered by the world.
***Please note you can submit any game even if it is not fully completed.***
14.00 - Devs check-in to pitch (Short-listed Indies first then we open it to the waiting list)
14.15 – Welcome and intro from our sponsors
14.30- Judges take their seats – Pitching Begins!
17:00 - Pitching ends and winning game announced
Andrew Podolsky - VGMarket
Chloi Rad - Pocket Gamer
Sarah Cornwell - Appsbackr
Mattie Brice - Play & Games Critic and Developer. Co-Organizer of @QGCon
Jeff Scott - Slide to Play
Joel Brodie - Gamezebo
Suzanne Nguyen - Director, Operations & Developer Relations, Samsung
- Indie mobile game developers only (4 person company or less, please)
- Please book one developer ticket per company presenting. Multiple people from the same company are welcome on the single ticket.
- Make sure you submit your game details here to be shortlisted to take part: http://www.pocketgamer.biz/users/profile/big-indie-pitch-casual-connect-2014/
- You will have 3 minutes to pitch. Practice your pitch, get it down to 3 minutes to allow 1 minutes for questions. Here are some great tips on how to prepare: http://www.pocketgamer.biz/r/PG.Biz/Pocket+Gamer+Connects/feature.asp?c=56813
- Come prepared. Business cards, stickers, info sheets, etc. Most importantly, bring your game on a mobile device with a 4G connection.
- If you are selected as the winner you may be asked to present your game to the audience so everyone can see how great your game is!
- Prize! 1st Prize = $5000, 2nd Prize = $2500 and 3rd Prize = $1000 of advertising spend on Steel Media websites.
Thanks to our Sponsor
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for developers everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, Samsung and its development partners are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, tablets, wearables, PCs, cameras, home appliances, printers, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. Samsung Gear App Challenge is part of the series Samsung “Smart App Challenges”. To discover more, please visit Challenge Website : http://GearApp.ChallengePost.com and http://developer.samsung.com.
MOBILE MIXER @ CASUAL CONNECT USA, 2014
And why not swing by our Casual Connect Mobile Mixer right after the Big Indie Pitch in the same venue? It's free, and there are drinks, bites and beats!
Click here to sign up