Bilingualism and Bilingual Education Seminar
Tuesday, 2 May 2017 from 10:00 to 14:30 (BST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
In accordance with Indonesia National Education Day 2017 that falls on the 2nd of May, the Education and Culture Attache of Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia will hold a seminar covering a specific topic of bilingualism and bilingual education. With the main theme in "Being a Bilingual while Preserving the Mother Language", the seminar aims to provide an overview about the opportunity and challenge of being an early-stage bilingual. The seminar will also talk about the advantages and disadvantages of a bilingual as well as how to preserve the mother/first language.
It has been known for a fact that a child might lose his/her mother/first language during his/her pursuit of mastering a foreign/second language. Through the seminar, it is expected that the participants can gain better understanding in the definition and nature of bilingualism and suitable education model for parents or schools to be put in practice.
Speakers and Topics:
- Dr. Nick Andon (King's College, London) and Mr. Geoff Roberts (Cambridge International Exams): Maintaining Indonesian in a sea of English
- Dr Dadang Sudana (Prodi Linguistik, UPI) and Dr. Iwa Lukmana (Department of Language and English Literature Education, UPI): Indonesia's Policy on Bilingual Education: From International Schools to Parents and Pupils' Perceptions
- Parents who:
- has a plan to raise a child in a bilingual environment
- are curious about the development of their children's mother language or second language
- Students majoring in:
- Education Policy
- Observers in language and education
Should you require further information, please address your inquiries of the event to email@example.com.