Actions and Detail Panel
BIM for Affordable Housing
Wed, 5 Apr 2017, 09:30 – Thu, 6 Apr 2017, 17:00 BST
Join us for an intensive two-day CPD training course which will equip you on all aspects of BIM for affordable housing projects
Lead by industry expert Colin Hastie, this course is tailored specifically to the particular context and practicalities of implementing BIM in affordable housing projects.
Who should attend?
- Development teams
- Maintenance teams
- Design teams including architects, engineers, construction partners and supply chain
Day 1 – Covering the basics of BIM
- Introduction to BIM
- 3D modelling software demonstration
- The BIM process on a typical project
- Making sense of the BIM roles
- Benefits and challenges for BIM in affordable housing
- What do you actually get from BIM? – deliverables and outputs
- Other considerations (fees, appointments, insurances, copyright etc)
Day 2 – The nuts and bolts of BIM
- A deeper look at the BIM Standards
- What is needed for true collaboration
- Demonstration of a Common Data Environment
- How BIM applies to asset management and refurbishment projects
- Implementing BIM across your organisation
- Case study example of BIM in use for affordable housing
- A look to the future
A certificate of attendance will be issued to all delegates.
Cost: £250 per delegate which includes two days' training, course materials and lunch on each day.
Colin Hastie is Director of Bruach Design and Consultancy. He has over ten years' experience in architectural practice with particular expertise in residential, care, commercial and community architecture. He also provides BIM consultancy, training and management to clients, contractors and consultants. View his LinkedIn profile (opens in a new window).