- Are you looking to sharpen your BIM understanding?
- Want to understand how Geospatial Professionals can add value to BIM?
We are no longer taking booking for this course. See our next course dates >here
- Your experience with BIM concepts: Novice to Advanced beginner
- Course Style: Classroom Seminar (tutor taught with interactive sessions) and follow-up calls
- This course includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- Course Location: This course is held in Central London (full details upon sign-up)
What we cover on the day:
- Overview to Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Common Data Environments (CDEs)
- 3D Visualisation - requirements for 'BIM Level 2'
- What is meant by 'BIM Level 2', 'BIM Level 3' etc
- Open BIM Data Standards e.g. IFC, COBie
- Introduction to UK Government BIM Standards - BS/PAS 1192 Suite
- How Geospatial adds value to BIM
- Data and Asset Classifications (Taxonomies)
- Web GIS as a way in - opportunities to link with BIM concepts
- Collaboration and Information Sharing - what's the best approach?
- Where Information Management skills are used
- How GIS, CAD and Survey data is adding value
- The challenges of understanding across teams - how we tackle them
- Making the business case for 'Geospatial' (inc. CAD & survey, not only GIS)
- Understand how ‘Geospatial’ and spatial is part of BIM
- Information Management (IM) and the value of GIS skills
- High-Accuracy Data Collection - integrated workflows (ZenoCollector used as an example)
- Metadata - how do we embed this?
- Information Portals - Mapping Portals and others for 'BIM'
- The changing role of GIS, CAD and survey professionals
- How to embed innovation and improvement
- Understanding your role and how you add value to your organisation
This course is a classroom-based seminar with the option of follow-up calls for 6 weeks (1 per week) to help you accelerate embedding what you have learnt in your business.
We provide discounted fees for individuals who are members of any industry body that is a members of the UKGEOForum. The UKGEOForum is a group of societies and associations that represent the core interests that encompass geography, mapping and the geospatial information handling industry.
We also provide discounts to members of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE), as well as those who work in the Public Sector and Charity Sector.
At GeoEnable we are focused on democratising the power of better information management and integrated insight into everyday business decision-making. GeoEnable is a leading Information Management and Geospatial consultancy.
Testimonials of our work:
Information Management, BIM and Web GIS services:
Lilia Wydra, GIS Manager – Argent (Property Development) Services LLP
“I strongly believe that access to GIS information should flow through the whole business and throughout the lifecycles of Developments, Projects and Assets. This however, if not appropriately managed, can lead to decreased efficiency of produced information. Even the most advanced Web GIS can become unproductive if data control processes are not in place.
It is very important to identify where this sharing can be free and where it should be tightly controlled. GeoEnable, helped us with reviewing our existing information systems and helped us align it with all business processes. This was absolutely critical. GeoEnable assisted us with the improvement of information governance and formal processes which in return significantly enhanced access to Argent’s GIS and other information resources.”
Information Management and Web GIS services:
Jeremy Murfitt, Director - Everything is Somewhere Ltd
... I am now able to confidently set up map services for clients and also introduce them to many of the features available in Wed GIS and BIM. GeoEnable guided me through the process involved and has provided ongoing support."
TRAINING FINANCIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The delegate fee includes copies of the presentations via hardcopy (paper) following the event, a buffet lunch and refreshments. Cancellation policy is as follows: (1) cancellations 14 or more days before the event: £65+VAT cancellation fee per delegate; (2) cancellations less than 14 days before the event: no refunds. Cancellations must be notified via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to GeoEnable Ltd at their Registered Office address (below). No charge will be made for replacement delegates. Transfer of any confirmed booking between events is not possible. The organisers reserve the right to change the speakers or tutors without prior notice. GeoEnable Ltd is unable to grant extended credit and therefore must request that full payment in advance. The organisers are GeoEnable Ltd, Registered Office: Ground Floor, 158 Goldhurst Terrace, London, NW6 3HP, UK. Registered in England and Wales No. 06661892
© 2016 GeoEnable Ltd. Registered in England & Wales No. 06661892.
When & Where
At GeoEnable® we help you leverage the power of robust Information Management (IM) and Geospatial Solutions as part of your business processes.
We specialise in Information Management (IM), Information Governance, Digital Construction and Digital Engineering (BIM) and training for Infrastructure Asset Management and Built Environment clients.